Making equality in mental health care a reality
Roshni Ghar is a community development mental health organisation based in Keighley that works predominantly with women from South Asian backgrounds.
01535 609927 13 Scott Street, Keighley BD21 2JH
Registered charity no 1078859. Company limited by guarantee no. 3819825
Roshni Ghar helps women in the Keighley area that have experienced mental health problems in their lives and supports them to become confident and independent.
Women can ask their doctor, mental health practitioner or social worker to refer them to the service.
We mainly work with women from South Asian backgrounds - support can be provided in Urdu, Punjabi and Bangla.
Supporting women to support themselves
- Health promotion and education courses
- ESOL and vocational skill courses provided in partnership with Keighley College
- A preventative and early intervention project in schools for young women promoting wellbeing, befriending and vocational opportunities.
- In-reach project with the mental health ward for South Asian women and support for their families
- Activities include arts, excursions, residentials and courses
- Promoting active voice of South Asian women in mental health services through consultation, workshops, and community engagement events.